On average the market capitalization of companies with long-term strategies grew $7 BILLION more than that of other firms between 2001 and 2014. Source: McKinsey
Here’s how your strategic plan can deliver better in class results.
Establish and reinforce purpose
- Purpose is the most powerful motivator in every organization
- Planning ensures that the purpose is clear, consistent and fully integrated
- A plan is a dynamic reference for what to do and what not to do
- The planning process gets everyone on the same page and reveals internal
misalignment that may cause passive conflict
Document corporate direction
- A strategic plan drives the organization and directs the actions of the employees
- The plan becomes a touchpoint from which to evaluate next steps, course correct, modify or fast-track
When you are in the thick of execution strategic planning may seem like wishful thinking. Yet companies who create space to plan dramatically outperform their non-planning competitors. Plan to win.
Brand for Benefit helps companies discover, certify and share their greater purpose as a path to growth.
CEO Carolyn Ansley is an award-winning marketer, entrepreneur and mother who believes using business for good is good business.